Juvenile Dependency Law

Juvenile Dependency

What is Juvenile Dependency?

Juvenile dependency law involves children who have been abused, neglected or abandoned by their parents or caretakers, and who have suffered physical or emotional harm as a result. It can also include those children who have special problems or unique situations that cannot be handled or properly taken care of by their guardians. The juvenile dependency court is responsible for the safety and wellbeing of children that have suffered abuse or neglect.

Juvenile dependency cases may occur as a result of a parent or caretaker using drugs, having a mental illness, sexually or physically abusing their child, medically neglecting their child, exposing their child to domestic violence, etc. These situations could cause the parent or caretaker to be faced with a juvenile dependency case and they may lose their child. If a parent or guardian cannot or will not take proper care of their child, the court could decide to remove the child from the home and place him or her in foster care or with a close relative.

Juvenile Dependency Lawyers

Juvenile dependency lawyers can represent parents that may be facing the harsh possibility of losing their children. If you are accused of neglect, abuse or abandonment, and have had your child taken away from you and put into protective custody, a juvenile dependency lawyer can help you. An experienced attorney can represent you in court matters and help you get your child back, or protect you from the possibility of losing your child.

Lawyer Referral Service

If you are facing a juvenile dependency case, Attorney Search Network can help you find a lawyer to represent you today. We can refer you to an experienced juvenile attorney with experience in juvenile dependency cases so that your rights as a parent or guardian are protected.

If you have any questions about the information provided above, please contact us. Call us toll free at (800) 215-1190 or fill out out online form for your Juvenile Dependency lawyer referral.

If you have any questions about the information provided above, please contact Attorney Search Network.